When it comes to health, there are so many things that can influence the way we feel.
All the money and diamonds in the world cannot buy good health.
Happiness cannot be fully experienced without good health.
In fact, good health and longevity tops the wish list of millions of people.
Besides the modern medicine prescription to gaining good health, there are ways in Feng Shui to keep one fit and fine.. Here are a few steps for achieving good health.
• The most important step to realize the benefits of Feng Shui is to perform a Space Clearing procedure. Every environment has accumulated negative energy, or “sha chi”, that needs to be eliminated. This procedure will make all other cures more effective.
• The basic rule regarding health is to make sure that your home is healthy. Keeping it clean, organized and beautiful is the best way to attract positive, healthy ‘chi’ into your space. The energy in your home needs to be free-flowing and smooth like a river.
• Keep all gadgets including watches/wall-clocks in your home/workplace in perfect, functioning condition. Do not allow anything to linger needing repair. Replace anything that is old, broken or faded. Repair peeling paint, cracked walls and ceilings and leaky faucets. Be sure that all windows/doors are in good working condition without noise.
• Eliminate all things in your home or workplace that you no longer use. Pass things along to friends or donate them to charity.
• Work towards eliminating all clutter from your life. Begin to look honestly at why you tend to accumulate so much un-needed stuff.
• In the study of Feng Shui, toilets are a huge concern. Always keep toilets and bathrooms exceptionally clean. Keep the lid on the toilet closed at all times when not in use, and keep the bathroom door closed at all times.
• The bedroom is an especially important room when it comes to health, since this is where we regenerate and heal during sleep. Keep the bedroom clean and uncluttered, with a simple decor. Do not bring work into the bedroom. Laptops, phones and exercise equipment should be avoided in the bedroom.
• Electronic devices such as TVs, clock radios, answering machines, and electric blankets emit electromagnetic fields that can harm your health. If you must keep any of these in the bedroom, be sure they are at least six feet away from your body, or twelve feet, in the case of a TV. Always cover the TV with a cloth when it is not in use, especially while you sleep. Please ensure that the body does not reflect in a mirror while asleep. The mirror when placed in Northeast, North or East direction is beneficial during the day; but must be covered while sleeping to ensure health & harmony in the home.
• Never place your bed on a wall that has a toilet on the other side. This is considered a health hazard in Feng Shui.
• In the bedroom, avoid sleeping under sloping ceilings and bookcases or shelves. All of these are oppressive and can aggravate problems such as headaches, restlessness and insomnia. If this type of architecture is unavoidable, a windchime with a horizontal bamboo mounting can help to redirect this oppressive force.
• Do not sleep or work directly under a beam. If this is unavoidable, hang a pair of bamboo flutes or a bamboo windchime with hollow tubes from the beam.
• Beware of poison arrows that point at you while you sleep. Hang faceted crystals in front of protruding corners to disperse negative ‘chi’.
• Do not place a fountain in the bedroom. Fountains are too yang and are considered to be a deterrent to good health in this area. The same rule holds true for potted plants. If you really enjoy a plant in the bedroom, choose one that is relatively small and has gentle, round shaped leaves.
• Energize the wood sector (east) of your home with lush green accents, such as pillows, rugs, or window treatment. If the east sector is the living room, dining room or any room other than a bedroom, this is a great location for a beautiful potted plant. (Live plants are considered too yang for the bedroom ). In an eastern bedroom, use solid wood furniture as well as green accent colors.
• Sufficient natural light also includes intelligent, smart indoor lighting. Once you focus on the quality of light, you will very quickly sense a shift in your health and well-being. Light is our #1 nutrient, hence,be wise and give your body enough light nutrition. This also includes the smart use of feng shui colors.
• Fresh, good quality air is indeed the # 1 feng shui health priority. Do whatever it takes to find solutions for better air in your home by keeping plants to aerate the space, use essential oils to clear the air, use air-purifiers, etc.. Breathing clean air regularly is the feng shui foundation for your health and well-being.
Creating a healthy environment is easier with good feng shui. Our residence & place where we work have a strong influence on our health; as we absorb energy from any place in which we spend time. So making sure you have the best feng shui environment is a key to good health. Feng Shui may not heal all that ails you, but it can help you become healthier & happier (both physically and mentally).
Evaluate your Business
Evaluate your Residence
Feng Shui and You
Daily Life Vaastu