Vaastu/ Feng-Shui is the art of living in harmony with Nature, whereas peace of mind is a state of mental and emotional calmness, with no worries, fear or stress. In this state, the mind is quiet, and you experience a sense of happiness and freedom.
In Indians, one of the most common/ general prayer to God is as under:
“Om Sarve Bhavantu Sukhinah Sarve Santu Nir-Aamayaah |
Sarve Bhadraanni Pashyantu Maa Kashcid-Duhkha-Bhaag-Bhavet |
Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||”
It means that everybody in this world should remain in peace by acquiring health & happiness in life. This prayer can be very well transformed into practical shape, if the children are nurtured with such an education & they are brought up in an environment of tranquility and peace. The birth/ development of such children is the foremost universal duty and responsibility of the couples of the world. Hence the couple who are thinking of conception should learn the art of meditating besides ensuring that their house-especially the bedroom must be Vaastu friendly. With this both would maintain peace within themselves as also with people, whom they come across in day to day life. This process will help them to maintain harmonious relations around them, and their coming generation will spread peace all over the universe.
Vaastu Shastra, the sacred science from India, creates harmonious stress-free living and work environments, supports the success in all areas of life, even in the married life also. The bedroom where we spend approximately one third of our life time and so it’s an extremely important factor in our overall health.
Just in entering the bedroom, the first thing we see is something that may give us the feeling of peace and serenity. This could be a photograph, a favorite quote, a painting, even fresh flowers can enhance these positive, life supporting feelings.
There are some general effective tips to attain peace, for the people of all ages.
- Stay away from negative conversations and from negative people, if you do not want their thoughts and words to sink into your subconscious mind and affect your moods and state of tranquility.
- Do not hold grudges. Learn to forget and forgive. Nurturing ill feelings and grievances hurts you more and causes lack of sleep/ loss of peace.
- Do not be jealous of others. Being jealous means that you have low self-esteem and consider yourself inferior to others. Jealousy and low self esteem, often, lead to lack of peace of mind.
- There is a famous saying that people are not suffering from their own sorrows but rather suffering from happiness and comforts of their neighbors. Hence people should remain primarily concerned about their own well being and one should always be grateful to God, the almighty, for the countless blessings in life.
- One of the learned scholar/ saint used to say if you do not repeat your mistakes, the adversity will cease to come to you and you will enjoy peace for ever.
“Karmanye Vadhikaraste, Ma phaleshou kada chana,
Ma Karma Phala Hetur Bhurmatey Sangostva Akarmani”
- As per above sloka, In Shrimad Bhagwat Gita it has been quoted that do all deeds without seeking any reward or result and surrender to God for attaining peace.
We all know that our surroundings also make us feel and respond to the world in a certain way. These responses affect our health, our career choices, and our marriages, as well as our ability to learn and develop rewarding relationships. In Vaastu there are solutions or “cures” for creating harmony and balance in the environment; made worse by our over-stressed, sleep-deprived society. It involves proper landscaping by the use of stones, planting of trees and plants, as well as the use of water and lights to add energy to our lives. Feng Shui, in modern times, means furnishing the interiors in a positive way to create a healthy, prosperous life and avoid the damaging effects of modern technology. With the use of desired/chosen colours, furniture/ furnishings we can be revitalized by the subtle currents of life-force that flows in the premises. A home, for instance, should offer its occupants a beneficial connection with the environment if it were near a source of fresh water and protected from harsh winds. This common sense approach to building occurs in most cultures in the general sense of relating with the earth as sacred space.
Feng Shui is associated with the cosmic breath or chi that animates all of us, linking man and his surroundings. It is also known as the human spirit and universal energy that harnesses/enhances environmental peace. This channeling improves the flow of energy in our living and working space as well as in our bodies, thus improving our life and destiny; besides promoting the health and good fortune of the inhabitants.
To achieve a balanced and harmonious Vaastu/ Feng Shui design for any environment, follow these tips for wonderful results.
- Make use of the five elements of Feng Shui namely water, wood, fire, earth and metal in interior designing, for furniture and objects, that contain the different elements and colours.
- Carefully choose the shapes of the objects and furniture. Different shapes provide different feelings and tend to balance the environment in different ways.
- According to Feng Shui design guidelines, beds should not be right across the door and should have a wall at the back as a protection/ stability of relationships.
- Correct Feng Shui design will allow people to feel good and comfortable in that interior without really noticing it. It should be natural and balanced, providing comfort to those occupying it.
- Do not overdo and clutter the house with too many items. Remember, balance is the key to great vaastu design.
- Keep all gadgets including watches/wall-clocks in your home/workplace in perfect, functioning condition. Replace anything that is old, broken or faded. Repair peeling paint, cracked walls and ceilings and leaky faucets. Be sure that all windows/doors are in good working condition without noise.
- Never place your bed on a wall that has a toilet on the other side. This is considered a health hazard in Feng Shui.
- Avoid electronic devices such as TVs, clock, radios, answering machines, and electric blankets emit electromagnetic fields that can harm your health. If it is unavoidable, always cover the TV with a cloth when it is not in use. Please ensure that the body does not reflect in a mirror while asleep.
- Mirrors should be placed strategically in the desired directions of North East, East, North and West only. But reflection of bed in a mirror or having a water body in the bedroom is very inauspicious & can even lead to separation. The mirror when placed in Northeast, North or East direction is beneficial during the day; but must be covered while sleeping to ensure health, harmony and peace in the house.
It is highly recommended to decorate the house with various beautiful objects, made of
crystals, as they help to attract light, illuminate the relationship & ensure peace of mind.
Evaluate your Business
Evaluate your Residence
Feng Shui and You
Daily Life Vaastu